Facta Non Verba
Deeds Not Words
From the Principal's Desk
The benefit of a sound education is one of the greatest gifts a parent can give to their child; a gift which cannot be lost or taken away from them; a gift to enhance their chances of a successful life.
Winterton Primary is a school that has served this community, and the wider community, for more than 100 years. We have offered quality education to and laid solid foundations for generations of young boys and girls.
Our aim has always been to provide each pupil with a solid foundation which will equip them to attend and be exceptional at the high schools to which they apply.
To achieve the above, we offer:
1. A relevant education for a changing South Africa.
2. A friendly, caring and safe environment.
3. A learning environment utilising cutting edge technology to enhance the learning experience.
4. An approach which caters to individual learners’ needs.
5. A dedicated, professional and qualified teaching staff with student teacher assistants.
6. A cost-effective learning experience.
7. A sports programme which is designed to be educative, inclusive, and strives to let every individual sportsman and sportswoman reach their full potential.
8. A variety of cultural activities, such as speech and drama, school productions, dancing, choir and music.
Winterton Primary is a school which concentrates on the positive, and builds towards a future with confidence. We want high schools to want our learners because of the values they possess (respect, self-discipline and self-control), their academic abilities (knowledge and the ability to learn), their achievements in sport, and their grounding in the Christian faith.
I hope this website will stimulate your interest in our school. We invite you to visit our school to experience the environment and atmosphere, and to test our motto: “Deeds not words.”
Mr I.E. Freese
© Winterton Primary School 2016